Saturday, two weeks ago.. Most of you know the issues I have had with swelling. I woke up and had no knuckles on my hands. My mom called the dr and she wanted me to come in, so she took me to labor and delivery. While there, we learned I was contracting every three minutes. To make a long story short they admitted me. From there my blood pressure went sky high, and protien in my urine increased. I was in the hospital for 1 and a half weeks. The babies came at 30 wk's and 2 day's. I had pre eclampsia.
Bobby Miles York was 3.8lbs 17.5 inches long
Brooklyn Gail York was 3.6lbs 16 inches long
We have come a long way in the 6 days of life. The babies are still in the NICU. We hope they will be out in the next 4 weeks.
Ill just start off from today...
As of this morning, Bobby Miles heart murmur has gotten smaller. They have decided to let it run it's course, and not give him anymore meds for it.
Brooklyn does have an infection in the bowels, and theyre giving her antibiotics for it. The unfortunate thing is they do not feed her during this, however she does get all of her nutrients through the IV, and will not lose any weight.
Last night, we started what they call "Kangaroo Care". This is skin to skin bonding, and helps them grow, learn your scent/voice, and feel close. It was absolutely amazing, I felt so much closer to them already.
On top of this, Brooks is off the CPAP, and theyre both off oxygen. Amazing things!
I have to say that the last couple of weeks have been the most insane/scary time of my life. What doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger. There is so much truth to this. My mom has always said you will never experience "true love" until you have a child. Boy... was she right. I have never felt so complete when Im with them, and incomplete without.
Bobby Miles York was 3.8lbs 17.5 inches long
Brooklyn Gail York was 3.6lbs 16 inches long
We have come a long way in the 6 days of life. The babies are still in the NICU. We hope they will be out in the next 4 weeks.
Ill just start off from today...
As of this morning, Bobby Miles heart murmur has gotten smaller. They have decided to let it run it's course, and not give him anymore meds for it.
Brooklyn does have an infection in the bowels, and theyre giving her antibiotics for it. The unfortunate thing is they do not feed her during this, however she does get all of her nutrients through the IV, and will not lose any weight.
Last night, we started what they call "Kangaroo Care". This is skin to skin bonding, and helps them grow, learn your scent/voice, and feel close. It was absolutely amazing, I felt so much closer to them already.
On top of this, Brooks is off the CPAP, and theyre both off oxygen. Amazing things!
I have to say that the last couple of weeks have been the most insane/scary time of my life. What doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger. There is so much truth to this. My mom has always said you will never experience "true love" until you have a child. Boy... was she right. I have never felt so complete when Im with them, and incomplete without.
Good job on the blog, looks great!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kristy. They are beautiful. I am sure they will do fine. Modern medicine is an amazing thing. Can't wait to meet them after they have come home.
ReplyDeleteOk, so you made me all teary eyed reading this, but in a good way =) I hope they keep progressing and doing well and I really hope they get to come home sooner than expected! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteKristy, congrats to you and Mike! Your lil yorkies are sooo precious! You have so much happiness to look forward to. You have lil fighters on your hands. They are going to be up and running around before you know it. :) Miss ya!
ReplyDelete